Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Jane Austen.

Hello! I was looking at Emily Boyd's beautiful blog and I decided to check out the Jane Austen tag she had posted about. The Jane Austen blog is event is being hosted by Grace from Grace's Garden Walk. Her blog is so pretty too! I am SO happy I started a blog! Imagine all the fun stuff you would be missing out on if you hadn't started your blog! Anyway, here is my entry.

1: Let us start by your telling a little bit about your own self. Tell us a bit of your personality.Perhaps, tell a bit of your interests and pastime.

Well, I am 9 years old but I'll be 10 in April. (I am so glad I was born in Spring by the way:) I love to try new things most of the time but I don't think I am ready to try jumping out of a plane just yet. Nana says I'm motor-mouth and I guess I do talk a lot. There's just so much to talk about! I love playing with my 2 year old brother Owen and sometimes I play Polly Pocket's with my sister Anna. I love to cross stitch, knit, I would die without books, I like to bake and sometimes I make supper for Mom. I love making cards and I love looking at other peoples blogs and commenting on all their awesome cards and projects. I am just starting to get interested in photography and Mom is helping me learn all the stuff about the cameras that you need to know to be a good photographer. I also love to play the piano and play with my chihuahua Chica.

2: What literary character {whether it be in a film or book}would you say most describes your personality and mannerisms?

I guess I'm most like Emma from Emma . I haven't read the book but I have watched the movie once. Sometimes, Mom says I'm nosy and Emma was nosy in the movie to. I also have blond hair like hers.

3:What would you describe as the most lovely place to live in 1700's England? A cottage surrounded by woods or a mansion, perhaps to the same resemblance as Pemberley in Miss Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

Well, I guess a mansion with all those servants would be nice but I think I would prefer a log cabin in the woods with a little waterfall of to the right a little. But either of them would be nice.

4: List some of your favorite and least favorite literary works you have read.

I really like the Anne of Green Gables series. (I am going through it) I also like Little Women and  Jane Eyre. I read Emily of New Moon. and I didn't really like it. I don't know why, it's a very popular book, I just didn't like it.
5:What would you describe as a most admirable heroine?
I think that Anne would make a great heroine. She has everything that heroine should have.(I think. I am not an expert on heroines) She's kind and loving, she's daring and brave, she is stubborn sometimes but every heroine has to get stubborn every once in a while.
6: If you could spend afternoon tea in the company of your favorite literary heroine, to whom would you spend it with?
Anne definitely.
7:Which is to your liking more:: tea or coffee?
I like coffee a little but I like tea better.
8:Which of Jane Austen's couples are you more fond of?
Sorry Emily, I am going to have to copy you. My favorite is Mr. Knightly and Emma.
9:What is one {a few} of your favorite literary quotes?

                         Marilla: Oh, Davy. Gentlemen don't eat like an animal!
                         
                         Davy: But Marilla, I don't wanna be a 'gemplum!'
                                              Anne of Green Gables.

10: Are you fond of dancing, singing or reading a good book?
I like to sing but I like to read much better than anything else.

11: And lastly, as this event is also hosted in celebration of my garden's second anniversary,would you mind explaining perhaps, how you stumbled upon my little plot of earth? Wink.
Well, I love looking at Emily's blog and I saw her post her entry for your Jane Austen event and decided to check it out!

Thanks for looking at my blog! And click on the links to go see Emily and Grace's beautiful blogs!

Emma.


1 comment:

Grace said...

Thank you so much, Miss Emma for joining my garden party! 'Tis a pleasure to have you and hope you enjoy the rest of the festivities.

many blessings,
Miss Grace
tending her garden @ gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com